Thursday, January 26, 2012

Sculpting limbs................

revisited!! I had a go at sculpting hands for the Santa doll before Xmas, but I was a bit pressed for time, probably not the best situation to have a go at hands, and gave up ~ Santa got cloth hands. However, I want this shelf sitter to be a bit more delicate, so sculpted hands seemed obvious. After another net surfing session I found some tutorials and began sculpting. The result is far from anatomically correct, but I have made a conscious decision to make whimsical/fantasy dolls, as opposed to anatomically correct human sculptures. Here's my first set of hands:
and her legs:
The knees and elbows will be hinged, hence the 2 pieces for each limb and the holes. Not sure if she will have painted fairy boots or fabric ~ decisions, decisions!!
And the hands antiqued:


Hugs...............................Leanne

1 comment:

  1. Leanne did you have a wire frame for the fingers?
    I'm always too scared to have a go.
    Hugs
    Kay

    ReplyDelete