Saturday, January 7, 2012

Been Playing....................

in clay.  I 've been buried away experimenting. I tried my hand working with polymer clay ~ jury is still out on that one. Think I prefer paperclay - it is more forgiving as it can be more easily sanded after curing. My first 2 attempts in polymer clay:
                                Ready to be baked

                                Painted and antiqued
Next I experimented with wrapped wire armatures
            The structure wrapped in batting
       Velvet ribbon and thread wrapping over the batting
     Polymer head attached to wrapped body. She will be a fairy soon!!
Back to playing with paperclay:
                        The painted sculpt
                  Antiqued. This girl will be a fairy soon also.
So, where to now ~ definitely papewclay for now.
I think I am ready to take the plunge and start an actual doll........................

Stay tuned...................

Hugs...............................Leanne


1 comment: