Sunday, April 15, 2012

Satisfaction.......................

I spent much of today trawling the net for more sculpting tutorials and videos. I found quite a few new ones, but there were 3 in particular that had little tips and tricks that I thought might assist me with getting the doll features just right. Armed with the videos, I headed to the studio this afternoon and started sculpting, and to my absolute amazement it all came together. I have 3 heads nearly sculpted. Two are still in need of eyes, but I have found it is better to add the eyes to a dry head. So, here come the girls:
Next I am going to experiment with glass eyes ~ thanks to the internet they are on order!! I recently learnt to paint facial features with watercolours, and I really prefer that to using acrylics, for a more realistic look, but think I need to give glass eyes a go, before I decide one way or another. Maybe I'll decide to use both????
Back to the studio.......................

Hugs..........................Leanne

2 comments:

  1. I'm curious about your use of water colours. Do you put some kind of protective coating on because wouldn't the water colour wash off???? Just wondering:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Mary Ann
      This s a new technique for me. I have sourced a varnish that can be used over watercolours from the UK ~ just waiting, not very patiently, for it to arrive. I'll keep you posted.

      Delete