Monday, July 11, 2011

Out of the Wilderness........................

I do believe I am back :-). Creatively my thoughts have been constantly focused on teddy bears so I have taken the plunge.

The past few months have had me in creative turmoil, lots of ideas but no real direction. I have had a yearning to return to a more tactile art form and to incorporate some new techniques. So, a plan was hatched ~ decide what I want to do, learn new techniques and then create ~ simple right!! ~ NOT

What to create: go back to what you know and have always loved and have been yearning for ~ mohair teddy bears with companion dolls

New Techniques: move on from cloth dolls to sculpted dolls and art dolls as companions

Learn: how to sculpt doll heads ~ take some online workshops and practice, practice, practice (I'm still practicing!!!). Research art dolls and start collecting found objects.

Do: and that's where I am at now. The first bear of this new beginning has been cut out and is ready to be stitched. The companion is an idea...............................not sure if I'm ready to sculpt originals yet???????????? so the companion maybe a cloth doll??????????? decision to be made later....................

Cheers..............................Leanne

No comments:

Post a Comment