Sunday, June 3, 2012

A Little Catch up..................

I'm still here. Have been busy, busy, busy, unfortunately not so much with the sculpting. I am enjoying a couple of weeks long service leave and thought I would spend my days playing, but life has gotten in the way!!
I am heading to Melbourne tomorrow with my Mum and Dad to visit with my sister and her family and to do a doll workshop with world renowned artist Susie McMahon. You can see her work here:
http://susiemcmahondolls.blogspot.com.au/
and this is the doll I am going to create:

Despite all that however, I do have few things to show. In paperclay I have these three country raggies awaiting completion:
and I am working on this girl for an elements challenge:

I have made some pieces of fabric using solvy and textile art techniques to costume her.

I do have a confession to make though, I have gone to the dark side and have started working with polymer clay. I have a yearning to work in small scale and found the paperclay too clumsy for the finer detail. I recently completed a workshop with Bobbi Lambert and loved the result:

Currently refining the techniques learnt in the workshop and developing my own style: This is the direction I am heading in:

Love this style, so am going to continue to refine the techniques for this size. Think they will be fairies????
Looking forward to the Wanda the Witch workshop
with the Whimsie Mamma Christy Meyers over at Artful Gathering.

Okay, so that's where I am at, Melbourne here I come, but need yo get off here and pack

Laters...............................Leanne

1 comment: