Sunday, August 14, 2011

The journey continues.............................

At the point that I put bears on the shelf I was yearning 2 things: to experiement with sculpted doll making techniques and airbrushing to compliment my bears. Now that I have found my way back to bears I have still had that desire, and set about learning some new techniques, hence my absence form this blog for a short while. I have been studying online videos of doll sculpting and have found a good airbrushing video (haven't tried that yet)
After studying the videos each night for the past couple of weeks, today wasa the day to 'bite the bullet' and make a start. And so, I have spent this afternoon sculpting 2 doll heads, destined to be companions for bears ~ I think I have found my new theraputic heaven ~ working with the clay is so relaxing and forgiving.
Here are the first 2:
They are currently baking and should be ready for sanding tomorrow. They will then be ready for painting but I will probably leave that until next weekend when I have a better block of time to devote to the task.

Okay, I'm off to cook dinner and then work on another bear..........................

Hugs.............................Leanne

1 comment:

  1. It's always good to try new things Leanne. The heads look interesting and I'm wondering what you have in store for us...will return to see them finished!
    Warmest hugs,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete